The University of Hawaii football team coach was under the microscope at yesterday’s Hawaii State Senate Ways & Means Committee + Higher Education Committee joint briefing. An hour of scathing testimony was heard from former football players, parents and other stakeholders of the football program. The allegations indicate that head football coach Todd Graham who was appointed to the position in 2020 has mistreated the players and some of the parents.
Watch the nearly three hour video posted above. It is quite an eye opener.
The football program has been controversial for some months now, especially toward the end of the 2021 season, when several players opted out of the team through the “Transfer Portal” that makes it easy for individual team members to put up their intentions to switch schools before the next season.
- Joint Informational Briefing Notice
- Written Testimony (PDF Hawaii State Senate)
- Newslink: UH Officials Grilled at Senate Hearing… (Hawaii News Now)
- Newslink: Hawaii Coach Accused of Verbal Abuse (Clutch Points)
- Newslink: Hawaii Lawmakers Grill UH Officials… (KHON TV News)
- Newslink: University of Hawaii’s Football Team is Miserable… (SF Gate)