One of the fun annual events to attend is the University of Hawaii at Manoa Institute for Astronomy‘s annual open house. It comes up this Sunday, April 22 starting at 11:00 a.m. Free admission. Details below:
- UH Manoa Institute for Astronomy • Open House
- Sunday, April 22, 2018 • 11am-4pm
- Institute for Astronomy Headquarters
- 2680 Woodlawn Dr.
- Across from Noelani School, next to Manoa Public Library
- FREE admission, FREE parking
Join us for a day of family-friendly activities and talks!
Digitalis planetarium – LEGO display by HILUG – Mindstorms Robotics – Comet making – Air rockets – Bottle rockets – Pacific Aviation Museum – Model solar system – Sundials – Ask an Astronomer – Infrared camera – Thirty Meter Telescope VR – Solar telescopes – UH Bookstore – Friends of the IfA – Astrophotography – Camera Obscura – Astronomy talks – and more!
Here are some photos for one that I attended a few years ago:
Model of the Thirty Meter Telescope (TMT). This must be built!